Knee pain is a common condition that affects people of all ages due to various factors, such as injuries, exercise, or age-related wear-and-tear. Acute knee pain can occur suddenly due to injuries, whereas chronic knee pain usually occurs gradually due to changes in the underlying musculoskeletal structures. Glen Rock Spine & Rehab uses the latest diagnostic techniques to identify the types of knee injuries, causes of knee pain and curate the appropriate treatment plan. We use chiropractic solutions to alleviate knee pain in Glen Rock without relying on surgeries or narcotics.
Addressing Knee pain
What are the causes of knee pain?
Knee injuries are damages to any part of the knees, such as the ligaments, cartilages, or bones, or the structures surrounding the knees. Knee injuries can occur due to car accidents, sports injuries, trauma, falls, and other sources of direct impact. The most common types of knee injuries include:
- Patellar tendonitis due to the inflammation of the tendons.
- Knee bursitis due to the inflammation of the fluid-filled components that cushion the knees.
- Torn meniscus, i.e., the soft shock-absorbing cartilage between the thighs and shins.
- Torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome: The ligaments running from the pelvic bone to the outer tibia can tighten and rub against the outsides of the thigh bone, leading to knee pain.
- Dislocated Kneecaps: The kneecap (patella) might fall out of alignment, making the surrounding joints and bones grind against each other during movements, affecting your range of motion.
- Hip/ Foot Pains: Hip and foot pains can affect how you walk, making the muscles in your knees take on the burden of your posture and alignment, which, in turn, leads to knee pains.
Arthritis is a condition wherein one or more joints in the knees get inflamed, leading to knee pain, swelling, and stiffness. Knee arthritis can affect your overall quality of life, making it difficult to walk, climb stairs, and perform other daily activities. There are over 100 types of arthritis, but the most common types include osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
How does chiropractic care relieve knee pain?
Chiropractic care involves manual manipulations of the musculoskeletal structures to restore optimal alignment. Most cases of knee pain occur due to misalignment and dislocations, so our chiropractic treatments are uniquely capable of addressing the root cause of knee pain. Chiropractic treatments restore spinal and structural alignment, returning your spine to normal movements and increasing your range of motion.
The following is an overview of how our chiropractic care relieves your knee pain in Glen Rock:
- Returns spine to its optimally aligned position.
- Relaxes the muscles in your body to restore spinal alignment.
- Increases the range of motion in the knees.
- Improves the coordination of the joints, knees, hips, and ankles.
- Reduces other problems contributing to knee pains.
What happens during chiropractic treatments?
Glen Rock Spine & Rehab starts all chiropractic treatments with a thorough analysis and evaluation of the root cause of your knee pain. As shown above, knee pain can occur due to various underlying problems. Our trauma-trained specialists review your health history, discuss your symptoms, run physical tests, and perform advanced imaging tests to visualize the structures of your knees. This allows them to trace the root causes of knee pain and curate the ideal treatments.
Depending on the root cause of your knee pain, your treatment may include:
- Chiropractic Care: The chiropractic will use manual techniques and controlled force to adjust the structure of your knees, restoring optimal alignment.
- Massage Therapy: A therapeutic massage may be recommended to improve blood circulation, relieve stress, and reduce the tensions on your knees, alleviating knee pain.
- Acupuncture: Our acupuncturists insert extremely thin needles into strategically-chosen sites to encourage your body to heal itself, healing the damaged tissues responsible for knee pain.
- Physical Therapy: We recommend exercises and movements to strengthen your muscles, preventing a recurrence of knee pain.
Scheduling your Consultation
Glen Rock Spine & Rehab is a state-of-the-art pain management center specializing in the most effective chiropractic treatments for knee pain. Our team of trauma-trained specialists is led by Dr. Bogart, one of New Jersey’s leading chiropractors and interventional pain specialists. He traces the root cause of your knee pain and curates a personalized chiropractic care solution to provide lasting relief. Please schedule an appointment to discuss your chiropractic care solutions for knee pain in Glen Rock, NJ.